The Belogorsky monastery
The Belogorsky monastery is situated on the brink of the mount Belay (180 km away from Krasnoufimsk, Permsky kray, Kungur region). The second monastery’s name is The Ural Athos. The monastery was built in this place where people saw a cloudy pillar in the daytime and a fair pillar in the night.
In 1891 there was an attempt on the life of Cesarevitch Nikolay in Japan. The God saved the future czar Nikolay II from death. The Russian people were shocked by this event.
There was a cross sanctified in the memory of the miraculous rescue on the mount Belay. It’s 10 meters high. There were also a cathedral and a monastery built on this place later. The main sacred object of the monastery is the Iverskay icon of the God’s Mother.
There is the Seraphimsky hermitage not far from the monastery. In the hermitage there are parts of the life-giving God’s tree, a stone from the mount Golgotha and some fractions of relics that were sent by eastern patriarchs as a gift to the monastery. There are two temples in the hermitage. One of them was carved out of a rock just like the grottos of the Kievo-Pecherskay Lavra.
In 1914 the great duchess Elisabeth Phedorovna Romanova visited the monastery.
In 1993 the monastery was reconstructed. In 2007 there was a capsule with a message to the progeny concealed in the wall of the monastery. It will be opened in 50 years.
Now there is a Puerto-Rican among the fraternity living at the monastery.
Everybody who has ever been in the monastery knows this amazing feeling when all the fuss, sorrow and alarms subside and the bliss comes into the soul. To be silent, to think, to pray, to reflect - these are the main points of the renewal of the Belogorsky monastery.